Publicado 13/10/2016 9:02:07CET
Forward-looking statements This press release contains forward-looking statements and information about future developments in the sector, and the legal and business conditions of DAIICHI SANKYO Co., Ltd. Such forward-looking statements are uncertain and are subject at all times to the risks of change, particularly to the usual risks faced by a global pharmaceutical company, including the impact of the prices for products and raw materials, medication safety, changes in exchange rates, government regulations, employee relations, taxes, political instability and terrorism as well as the results of independent demands and governmental inquiries that affect the affairs of the company. All forward-looking statements contained in this release hold true as of the date of publication. They do not represent any guarantee of future performance. Actual events and developments could differ materially from the forward-looking statements that are explicitly expressed or implied in these statements. DAIICHI SANKYO Co., Ltd. assume no responsibility for the updating of such forward-looking statements about future developments of the sector, legal and business conditions and the company.
1) van Hout B et al. An analysis of the efficacy and safety of edoxaban in comparison
with rivaroxaban in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Abstract presented at ISPOR 2016.
2) Clay E et al. Cost-effectiveness of edoxaban compared to warfarin for the treatment
and secondary prevention of venous thromboembolism in the UK. Abstract presented at
3) Gumbs PD et al. The economic burden of pulmonary embolism in Europe. Abstract
presented at ISPOR 2016.
4) Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) / Pulmonary Embolism (PE) - Blood Clot Forming in a Vein.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dvt/facts.html. Last accessed: October 2016.
5) Ozaki, A. Cleveland Clinic (2014). Venous thromboembolism. Available at:
management/cardiology/venous-thromboembolism/#s0010. Last accessed October 2016.
6) Bramlage, P. et al. Current concepts for the prevention of venous thromboembolism.
European Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2005;35(1):4-11.
7) The Coalition to Prevent VTE. Available at:
DCD0A03F_1422_16B3_78E0B9EB0571.HTM. Last accessed October 2016.
8) Braekkan, S. K. et al. Body height and risk of venous thrombo- embolism: The Tromsø
Study. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2010;171:1109-1115.
9) Zagaria, M. Venous Thrombosis: Pathogenesis and Potential for Embolism. US Pharm.
Lydia Worms (Europe)
Daiichi Sankyo Europe GmbH
Edoxaban Communications & Product PR Europe