Publicado 28/11/2016 1:02:10CET
About Eisai EMEA in Epilepsy
Eisai is committed to developing and delivering highly beneficial new treatments to help improve the lives of people with epilepsy. The development of AEDs is a major strategic area for Eisai in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Russia and Oceania (EMEA).
In the EMEA region, Eisai currently has four marketed treatments including:
- Fycompa(R) (perampanel) is indicated for use as a once-daily, adjunctive treatment
for both primary generalised tonic-clonic seizures in idiopathic generalised epilepsy
and for partial onset seizures, with or without secondary generalisation, in patients
aged 12 years or older
- Inovelon(R) (rufinamide) is indicated for the adjunctive treatment of seizures
associated with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome in patients greater than or equal to4 years.
(Rufinamide was originally developed by Novartis)
- Zonegran(R) (zonisamide) as monotherapy in the treatment of partial seizures, with or
without secondary generalisation, in adults with newly diagnosed epilepsy and as
adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures, with or without secondary
generalisation, in adults, adolescents and children aged six years and above.
(Zonegran is under license from the originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma)
- Zebinix(R) (eslicarbazepine acetate) as adjunctive treatment in adult patients with
partial onset seizures, with or without secondary generalisation (Zebinix is under
license from Bial)
About Eisai Co., Ltd.
Eisai Co., Ltd. is a leading global research and development-based pharmaceutical company headquartered in Japan. We define our corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families and to increasing the benefits health care provides," which we call our human health care (hhc) philosophy. With over 10,000 employees working across our global network of R&D facilities, manufacturing sites and marketing subsidiaries, we strive to realise our hhc philosophy by delivering innovative products in multiple therapeutic areas with high unmet medical needs, including Oncology and Neurology.
As a global pharmaceutical company, our mission extends to patients around the world through our investment and participation in partnership-based initiatives to improve access to medicines in developing countries.
For more information about Eisai Co., Ltd., please visit http://www.eisai.com [https://webmail.hhealth.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=6OjkkH_Oz0KcpqZqtz0gYu5W64yst9IIliR8UZVYwgaeouwuOzC4BDQV-nJBoz6bpw7MInczpyk.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.eisai.com%2f ]
1. Fycompa(R) (perampanel) Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Product_Information/human/002434/WC500130815.pdf Accessed November 2016
2. Inovelon(R) (rufinamide) Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC). Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Summary_for_the_public/human/000660/WC500032938.pdf Accessed November 2016
3. Lee K et al. AMPA Receptors as Therapeutic Targets for Neurological Disorders 2016;103:203-261
4. Eisai. Data on File 2016. DOF PER112
5. Wier H et al. Rufinamide for Pediatric Patients with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. Pediatric Drugs 2011;13(2):97-106
6. Xu M et al. Pharmacokinetics and Tolerability of Rufinamide Following Single and Multiple Oral Doses and Effect of Food on Pharmacokinetics in Healthy Chinese Subjects. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics 2016;41(5):541-548
7. Epilepsy in the WHO European Region: Fostering Epilepsy Care in Europe. Available at: http://www.ibe-epilepsy.org/downloads/EURO%20Report%20160510.pdf Accessed November 2016
CONTACT: Media Enquiries - Eisai, Cressida Robson / Ben Speller, +44 7908314 155/+44 7908 409 416, Cressida_Robson@eisai.net, Ben_Speller@eisai.net- Tonic Life Communications, Alex Davies / Stan Jackson, +44 7896 954 865/+44 7747 718 279, Alex.Davies@toniclc.com, Stan.Jackson@toniclc.com