Publicado 11/10/2018 12:57:20CET
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding ongoing and planned development efforts involving ustekinumab and guselkumab in Europe. The reader is cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current expectations of future events. If underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or known or unknown risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections of Janssen-Cilag International NV, any of the other Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies and/or Johnson & Johnson. Risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: challenges and uncertainties inherent in product research and development, including the uncertainty of clinical success and of obtaining regulatory approvals; uncertainty of commercial success; manufacturing difficulties or delays; competition, including technological advances, new products and patents attained by competitors; challenges to patents; product efficacy or safety concerns resulting in product recalls or regulatory action; changes in behaviour and spending patterns of purchasers of health care products and services; changes to applicable laws and regulations, including global health care reforms; and trends toward health care cost containment. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in Johnson & Johnson's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2017, including in the sections captioned "Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" and "Item 1A. Risk Factors," in the company's most recently filed Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q and in the company's subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov [http://www.sec.gov ], www.jnj.com [http://www.jnj.com ] or on request from Johnson & Johnson. Neither of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies nor Johnson & Johnson undertakes to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information or future events or developments.
Date of preparation: October 2018 PHEM/IMM/1018/0003
1. Mayo Clinic. Lupus. Available at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lupus/symptoms-causes/syc-20365789. Accessed Oct 2018.
2. Moulton, V. R., Suarez-Fueyo, A., Meidan, E., Li, H., Mizui, M., & Tsokos, G. C. (2017). Pathogenesis of human systemic lupus erythematosus: a cellular perspective. Trends in molecular medicine, 11 Oct. (7) - , 615-635.
3. Lupus Research Alliance. About Lupus. Available at: http://www.lupusresearch.org/understanding-lupus/what-is-lupus/about-lupus. Accessed Oct 2018.
4. Danchenko N, Satia JA and Anthony MS. Epidemiology of systemic lupus erythematosus: a comparison of worldwide disease burden. Lupus 2006;15:308-318.
5. Lupus UK. World Lupus Day 2018 Survey Findings. Available at: http://www.lupusuk.org.uk/wld-survey-2018. Accessed Oct 2018.
6. Arthritis Research UK. Psoriatic Arthritis. Available at: http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/psoriatic-arthritis.aspx . Accessed Oct 2018.
7. International Federation of Psoriasis Associations. Our Cause: Psoriasis. Available at: https://ifpa-pso.com/our-cause. Accessed Oct 2018.
8. National Psoriasis Foundation. About Psoriatic Arthritis. Available at: http://www.psoriasis.org/psoriatic-arthritis. Accessed Oct 2018.
9. British Skin Foundation. Psoriasis. Available at: http://www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/SkinInformation/AtoZofSkindisease/Psoriasis.aspx . Accessed Oct 2018.
10. World Health Organization (2016) Global Report on Psoriasis. Available at: apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/204417/1/9789241565189_eng.pdf. Accessed Oct 2018.
11. Rapp S.R, et al . Psoriasis causes as much disability as other major medical diseases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 1999;41(3):401-7.
12. Nijsten T et al . Complexity of the association between psoriasis and comorbidities. J Invest Dermatol. 2009; 129(7):1601-1603.
13. EMC. STELARA 45 mg solution for injection (vials) SmPC. Available at: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4413/smpc. Accessed Oct 2018.
14. European Medicines Agency. Tremfya Summary of Product Characteristics. Janssen-Cilag International NV. Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/product-information/tremfya-epar-product-information_en.pdf . Accessed Oct 2018.
15. National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Final Appraisal Determination: Guselkumab for treating moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. Available at: http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ta521/documents/final-appraisal-determination-document . Accessed Oct 2018.
CONTACT: Media contacts: Kathleen Provinciael, +32 497 33 26 firstname.lastname@example.org. Investor contacts: Christopher DelOreficeJohnson & Johnson, +1 732 524 2955, Lesley FishmanJohnson & Johnson, +1 732 524 3922