1) Data on file, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2) March 2007-WHO position paper
3) Health Protection Agency (HPA): Centre for Infections.
Cumulative weekly number of reports of invasive pneumococcal disease
Due to any of the seven serotypes present in PCV-7: children <2 years
In England and Wales by epidemiological year: July-June (2003 to
date). Cumulative Weekly Report IPD. February 2008.
4) World Health Organization. Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine for
childhood immunization, March 2007- WHO position paper. Wkly Epidemiol
5) World Health Organization. Meeting of the immunization Strategic
Advisory Group of Experts, November 2007 - conclusions and
recommendations. Wkly Epidemiol Record 2008; (83): 1-16.
6) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevention of
pneumococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on
Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR. 1997;46(RR-8):1-24. Available at:
5236. Accessed February 14, 2008.
7) Summary of Product Characteristics for PREVENAR, Wyeth
Media Contacts: Gill Markham, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, 4 Sep. (0) - 1628-692536