Publicado 25/06/2015 2:01:27CET
- Fycompa(R) (perampanel) Perampanel is indicated for use as a once-daily,
adjunctive therapy for both primary generalised tonic-clonic seizures and for
adjunctive treatment of partial onset seizures, with or without secondary generalised
seizures, in patient patient with epilepsy aged 12 years or older.
- Inovelon(R) (rufinamide) for the adjunctive treatment of seizures associated
with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome in patients >4 years. (Rufinamide was originally
developed by Novartis)
- Zonegran(R) (zonisamide) as monotherapy in the treatment of partial seizures,
with or without secondary generalisation, in adults with newly diagnosed epilepsy and
as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures, with or without
generalisation, in adults, adolescents and children aged six years and above.
(Zonegran is under license from the originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma).
- Zebinix(R) (eslicarbazepine acetate) as adjunctive therapy in adult patients
with partial onset seizures, with or without secondary generalisation. (Zebinix is
under license from BIAL).
About Eisai Co., Ltd.
Eisai Co., Ltd. is a leading global research and development-based pharmaceutical company headquartered in Japan. We define our corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families and to increasing the benefits health care provides," which we call our human health care (hhc) philosophy. With over 10,000 employees working across our global network of R&D facilities, manufacturing sites and marketing subsidiaries, we strive to realise our hhc philosophy by delivering innovative products in multiple therapeutic areas with high unmet medical needs, including Oncology and Neurology.
As a global pharmaceutical company, our mission extends to patients around the world through our investment and participation in partnership-based initiatives to improve access to medicines in developing and emerging countries.
For more information about Eisai Co., Ltd., please visit http://www.eisai.com.
1. Rheims S and Ryvlin P. Exp Opin Pharmacother. 2014;15:1417-1426.
2. Eisai. Data on file. 2015
3. French J et al. Adjunctive Perampanel RCT for PGTC seizures. Association of British Neurologists annual meeting 2015; Abstract #53141
4. Epilepsy Foundation. Types of seizures. Available at: http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/types-seizures. Last Accessed May 2015
5. Bandstra, NF, et al. Stigma of Epilepsy. Can J Neurol Sci 2008:35:436-440
6. Epilepsy Action. Generalised seizures. https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/seizures/generalised-seizures. Accessed May 2015
7. Faught E. Rev Neurol Dis 2004;1:S34-S43
8. Rogawski MA. Revisiting AMPA receptors as an antiepileptic drug target. Epilepsy Currents 2011;11:56-63.
9. Fycompa, Summary of Product Characteristics (updated September 2014) http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/26951/
10. Pugliatti M et al. Estimating the cost of epilepsy in Europe: A review with economic modeling. Epilepsia 2007: 48(12) 2224 - 2233.
11. Smithson WH et al, Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2014 Dec; 14(12):502
Date of preparation: June 2015
Job code: Fycompa-UK0203
CONTACT: Media Enquiries: Eisai, Cressida Robson/Ben Speller, 25 Jun. (0) - 7908314 155/ +44(0)7908 409 416, Cressida_Robson@eisai.net /Ben_Speller@eisai.net; Tonic Life Communications, Elisabeth Neal/DeepaPatel, +44(0)7896 954 865 /+44(0)7725 440 867, Elisabeth.Neal@toniclc.com /Deepa.Patel@toniclc.com