Lilly, a leading innovation-driven corporation, is developing a growing portfolio of first-in-class and best-in-class pharmaceutical products by applying the latest research from its own worldwide laboratories and from collaborations with eminent scientific organizations. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind., Lilly provides answers -- through medicines and information -- for some of the world's most urgent medical needs. Additional information about Lilly is available at www.lilly.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements about the potential of the investigational compound LY2062430 and reflects Lilly's current beliefs. However, as with any pharmaceutical product under development, there are substantial risks and uncertainties in the process of development and regulatory review. There is no guarantee that the product will receive regulatory approvals, or that the regulatory approval will be for the indication(s) anticipated by the company. There is also no guarantee that the product will prove to be commercially successful. For further discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties, see Lilly's filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Lilly undertakes no duty to update forward-looking statements.
(1) Small, GW, Rabins, PV, Barry, PP, Buckholtz, NS, DeKosky, ST, Ferris, SH, Finkel, SI, Gwyther, LP, Khachaturian, ZS, Lebowitz, BD, McRae, TD, Morris, JC, Oakley, F, Schneider, LS, Streim, JE, Sunderland, T, Teri, LA, Tune LE. Diagnosis and Treatment of Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders: Consensus Statement of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry, the Alzheimer's Association, and the American Geriatrics Society. JAMA 1997; 278: 1363-1371.
(2) Alzheimer's Association. "2008 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures." Available at: http://www.alz.org/national/documents/report_alzfactsfigures... . Accessed July 1, 30 Jul. (3) - American Public Health Association. "Mind Your Memory & Alzheimer's Disease!" Available at: http://www.apha.org/membergroups/newsletters/sectionnewslett... ll07/alzheimer.htm . Accessed July 1, 2008.
(4) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "National Vital Statistics Reports." Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr55/nvsr55_19.pdf . Accessed July 1, 2008.
(5) Alzheimer's Association. "2008 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures." Available at: http://www.alz.org/national/documents/report_alzfactsfigures... . Accessed July 1, 2008.
(6) Wimoa, Anders, Bengt Winblada, and Linus J. Jonssonb. An estimate of the total worldwide societal costs of dementia in 2005. Alzheimer's & Dementia (2007) 3: 81-91.
(7) Brookmeyer R, Johnson E, Ziegler-Graham K, Arrighi M. Forecasting the Global Burden of Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's & Dementia (2007) 3:186-191.
(8) National Institute on Aging. "Alzheimer's Disease Fact Sheet." Available at http://www.nia.nih.gov/Alzheimers/Publications/adfact.htm . Accessed July 1, 2008.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20031219/LLYLOGO )
Web site: http://www.lilly.com
Christine Van Marter, +1-317-554-7923; Photo: NewsCom: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20031219/LLYLOGO, PRN Photo Desk, email@example.com