03/07/2012 3:02:44 CET
- Zonegran(R) (zonisamide) as monotherapy and adjunctive therapy in adult
patients with partial-onset seizures, with or without secondary generalisation.
(Zonegran is under license from the originator Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma)
- Zebinix(R) (eslicarbazepine acetate) as adjunctive therapy in adult patients
with partial-onset seizures, with or without secondary generalisation
- Inovelon(R) (rufinamide) for the adjunctive treatment of seizures associated
with Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome in patients >4 years
In addition to three marketed AEDs, Eisai's new Phase III AED perampanel (Fycompa(R)), the first in a new class of epilepsy treatment for use as an adjunctive treatment for focal (partial) seizures, with or without secondary generalised seizures, in patients with epilepsy aged 12 years and older, received CHMP positive opinion in May 2012 and is expected to launch in September 2012.
Eisai is one of the world's leading R&D-based pharmaceutical companies and has defined its corporate mission as "giving first thought to patients and their families and to increasing the benefits health care provides," which we call human health care (hhc). Eisai recently expanded their UK Hatfield facility which now supports the company's growing European, Middle Eastern and African (EMEA) business.
Eisai concentrates its R&D activities in three key areas:
- Neuroscience, including: Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis,
neuropathic pain, epilepsy, depression
- Oncology including: anticancer therapies; tumour regression, tumour
suppression, antibodies, etc and supportive cancer therapies; pain relief, nausea
- Vascular/Immunological reaction including: acute coronary syndrome,
atherothrombotic disease, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, Crohn's disease